The global insect repellent market, valued at USD 4.1 billion in 2021, is set to experience a robust CAGR of 6.7 percent during the forecast period. The expansion of this market is driven by various factors, including the increasing awareness of insect-borne diseases due to rising home and commercial waste, population growth, urbanization, and climate change. The transition from rural to urban habitats, coupled with the adaptability of insects to changing environmental conditions, is further propelling the demand for insect repellents. The need to counter the spread of diseases like dengue, zika, and yellow fever, which are transmitted by insects, underscores the urgency of the situation.
For More Industry Insights Read: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/insect-repellent-market
Key Report Findings
- Urbanization and Disease Spread: Rapid urbanization has contributed to sanitation challenges, thereby accelerating the prevalence of mosquito-borne diseases. The shift of population from rural to urban areas has led to a surge in domestic animals and humans, creating an environment conducive to the rapid spread of diseases. As a result, the demand for mosquito repellents has surged, particularly in emerging nations.
- Insect-Borne Disease Epidemics: The rise in insect-borne diseases, such as dengue, malaria, and chikungunya, has been attributed to the increase in mosquito populations. Notably, global warming has led to the proliferation of mosquitoes, thereby increasing the transmission of diseases. A study revealed a significant increase in cases of these diseases in various regions, emphasizing the urgency for effective insect repellents.
- Government Initiatives: Governments around the world are taking measures to mitigate the impact of insects and diseases on the environment. Integrated pest control strategies are being developed to regulate pest populations. These initiatives are poised to influence market growth positively.
Insect Repellent Market: COVID-19 Impact
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a favorable impact on the insect repellent market. As consumers become more conscious of personal and home hygiene, the demand for home care and personal hygiene products has risen. This trend is expected to continue as consumers recognize the importance of practicing good hygiene to reduce the risk of infections. The pandemic has underscored the significance of personal and home hygiene, which is projected to be a lasting trend.
Insect Repellent Market: Drivers
- Surge in Insect-Borne Diseases: The increasing prevalence of mosquito-borne diseases, including Zika, Dengue, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever, and Malaria, is a major driver of the mosquito repellent market. The World Health Organization predicts a significant number of malaria cases and deaths, emphasizing the need for effective repellents.
- Impact of Urbanization on Mosquito Ecology: Unplanned urbanization has exacerbated sanitation challenges, contributing to the spread of diseases. The proliferation of infected mosquitoes in urban areas calls for effective repellents to curb disease transmission.
Insect Repellent Market: Restraints
- Health Risks of Pesticides: Many insect repellent products contain harmful compounds like DEET, Cyfluthrin, Permethrin, and Pyrethroids. Extended exposure to these chemicals can lead to health risks, impacting consumer preferences and driving demand for safer alternatives.
Insect Repellent Market: Segment Overview
- Spray Segment Dominates: Insect repellent sprays are expected to dominate the market due to their ease of use and quick application. They are favored for their convenience and rapid effects, making them popular in North America and Europe.
Insect Repellent Market: Regional Landscape
- Asia Pacific Leads: Asia Pacific holds the largest market share, driven by its high population, rising living standards, and prevalence of insect-borne diseases. Emerging nations in the region are witnessing greater penetration of insect repellents due to increasing household income and growing public awareness.
Global Insect Repellent Market: Competitive Landscape
Market players like Avon Products Inc., Coghlans Ltd, Godrej Consumer Products Ltd, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, and more are driving innovation in the insect repellent market. Innovations include automated devices that provide continuous protection against insects.
As the world grapples with the challenges posed by insect-borne diseases, the demand for effective insect repellents is on the rise. Consumers are increasingly recognizing the importance of safeguarding their health and homes from disease-carrying insects, thereby propelling the growth of the insect repellent market.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/insect-repellent-market
Edible Insects Market
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Florida Times Daily journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.