The Investments & Wealth Institute (the Institute), has announced that Dr. Avi Sharon will become Editorial Advisory Board Chair of Investments & Wealth Monitor (IWM), its peer-reviewed, bimonthly educational magazine that showcases industry news and articles to provide education, insight, explanation, and coverage of key issues including the latest in academic, legal, investment, governmental, practice management, retirement planning, and wealth management topics.
Sharon succeeds Anthony Davidow, CIMA, Senior Alternatives Investment Strategist at Franklin Templeton Institute, who held the volunteer position of Editorial Advisory Board Chair for the past six years. I am confident that Avi and the rest of Investments & Wealth Monitors Editorial Advisory Board will continue to deliver valuable content to help Investments & Wealth Institute members and other financial advice professionals navigate markets and achieve client goals, said Davidow. It has been a pleasure to lead IWM during my tenure, and I look forward to seeing how the publication will continue to evolve and provide value to its readers under Avis leadership.
In this role, Sharon is responsible for leading the Editorial Advisory Board in developing the thematic framework for each of the bimonthly issues of IWM, brainstorming topics related to such themes, as well as determining appropriate authors who could contribute articles. In addition, Sharon helps review and confirms that articles have met editorial standards to be published. Sharons new role as Chair commences with the September/October 2023 issue of IWM. He served as a Board member for a year prior to assuming this leadership role.
Im humbled and excited to be stepping into this role, Sharon said. The Editorial Advisory Board, under Tonys leadership, has continued to advance IWM as one of the most thoughtful and trusted resources for advisor education. I will endeavor to sustain the high standards of relevance and quality content as we move ahead, always with a keen sense of the increasingly complex role of the Institute membership and the broader advisor community.
In addition to Sharon, the Editorial Advisory Board includes the following volunteer members:
- Moe Allain, RMA, CPWA, AAMS, Vice President, Financial Advisor, Baird – Private Wealth Management, Baird Retirement Management, Evans-Allain-Crumley Group, Houston, TX
- Michael Andrews, CFA, Head of Investment Products Research & Consulting, SS&C Research, Analytics and Consulting, New York, NY
- Judy Benson, Partner, Barrington Partners, Boston, MA
- Jeffrey L. Carson, JD, LLM, Senior Fiduciary Officer, Senior Vice President, Diversified Trust, Nashville, TN
- Anthony B. Davidow, CIMA, Senior Alternatives Investment Strategist, Franklin Templeton Institute, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Philip L. Fazio, CIMA, CFP, Senior Consultant, Merrill Lynch, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- W. Chris Jenkins, CIMA, CPWA, Senior Vice President, American Funds Distributors, Franklin, TN
- Maria Katsileros, CIMC, Client Portfolio Manager, Aristotle Capital Boston, Boston, MA
- Greg Khost, Managing Director, Head of Private Wealth Management Sales, Neuberger Berman, New York, NY
- Lance Lehman, CFP, CIMA, CPWA, Vice President, Senior Wealth Adviser, Alternativ Wealth, Tampa, FL
- Desiree Maldonado, CIMA, CPWA, CFP, Financial Consultant, Popular Securities, LLC, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Robert Powell, CFP, RMA, Editor-in-Chief, Retirement Management Journal, Swampscott, MA
- Bruce Stewart, CIMA, CAIA, Founder, SRS Family Office Advisory, Boston, MA
- Brian Ullsperger, CIMA, AIF, Managing Director, Anderson Investment Advisory Services, Montara, CA
Apart from his volunteer commitment to IWM, Dr. Avi Sharon is Executive Vice President and Product Strategist based in PIMCOs New York office. He is responsible for broad business management as well as developing and leading strategic initiatives aimed at driving growth within the traditional product franchise. Prior to joining PIMCO in 2018, he was a Principal at Blackstone, where he helped launch the firms retail alternatives initiative. Previously, he was a Managing Director at AllianceBernstein, where he ran multi-asset product management, led wealth management group research and marketing, and was interim head of investor relations for the firm. He has 22 years of investment and financial services experience and holds a Ph.D. from Boston University. Sharon received an undergraduate degree from Emory University in Atlanta.
About the Investments & Wealth Institute
Founded in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute is the premier professional association, education provider, and standards body for financial advisors. Through its award-winning events, publications, courses, and acclaimed certifications Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA), Certified Private Wealth Advisor (CPWA), and Retirement Management Advisor (RMA) the Institute delivers Ivy league-quality, highly practical education to more than 20,000 practitioners annually in over 40 countries. Members of the Institute include the industry's most successful investment consultants, advanced financial planners, and private wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics in applying a broad set of knowledge and skills in their daily work with clients.
Investments & Wealth Institute
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/investments-and-wealth-institute-appoints-avi-sharon-as-editorial-advisory-board-chair-of-its-bimonthly-educational-magazine-investments-and-wealth-monitor-579025961
Investments & Wealth Institute
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Florida Times Daily journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.