The Surety & Fidelity Association of America Foundation (SFAA Foundation) announced today the 19 students selected as recipients of a $2,500 scholarship as part of the Surety and Fidelity Intern and Scholarship Program for 2023. Started in 2003, the program helps increase diversity within the surety and fidelity industry by attracting underrepresented students into the field.
I am impressed by our scholarship recipients level of professionalism as interns and their academic accomplishments, said Larry Taylor, president of The Surety & Fidelity Association of America Foundation and president at Merchants Bonding Company. The Foundations Board of Trustees is thrilled to award each student a $2,500 scholarship, and we look forward to seeing these talented individuals pursue surety and fidelity careers upon graduation.
These 19 students represent the future of the surety and fidelity industry, and on behalf of the SFAA Foundation, I would like to congratulate them, said Peter Roth, SFAAs VP Marketing, Communications and Research. We are grateful to our member companies, industry partners, and individuals whose donations to the SFAA Foundation make this program a success.
The 2023 Surety and Fidelity Intern and Scholarship Program scholarship recipients are as follows:
- Kane Perez, Clayton State University The Hartford
- Sebastian Romero Lalama, Occidental College The Hartford
- Ashley Oswald, West Chester University of Pennsylvania IAT Insurance Group
- Thomas Hunt, University of North Texas IAT Insurance Group
- Thompson Cole, San Francisco State University IAT Insurance Group
- Carolina de Barros Antonucci, University of Washington, Bothell Liberty Mutual Group
- Erica Johnson, Iowa State University Merchants Bonding Company
- Aubree Altman, Iowa State University Merchants Bonding Company
- Kaleb Shah, Grinnell College Merchants Bonding Company
- Isabella Wade, Gettysburg College Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Davis Telleen, St. John's University Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Grace Long, Catholic University of America Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Serra Vithlani, University of California, Los Angeles Sompo International
- Allison Musser, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Travelers Bond and Specialty Insurance
- Evan Punches, University of Arizona Travelers Bond and Specialty Insurance
- Megan Flaherty, University of the Pacific Travelers Bond and Specialty Insurance
- Rainerio Reyes, Wesleyan University Travelers Bond and Specialty Insurance
- Samantah Paz, University of the Pacific Travelers Bond and Specialty Insurance
- Amanda Noonan, Bryant University Westfield Group
For information on the Surety and Fidelity Intern and Scholarship Program or to make a donation, please visit www.surety.org
The Surety & Fidelity Association of America (SFAA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan trade association representing all segments of the surety and fidelity industry. Based in Washington, D.C., SFAA works to promote the value of surety and fidelity bonding by proactively advocating on behalf of its members and stakeholders. The associations more than 425 member companies write 98 percent of surety and fidelity bonds in the U.S. For more information visit www.surety.org.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/the-surety-and-fidelity-association-of-america-foundation-awards-19-students-with-75-000-in-scholarships-715589152
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Florida Times Daily journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.